Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sgt Rev And The Blustery Day

It was indeed a blustery day here in the hundred acre wood..... I mean Raccoon City.  Sunny and warm for the most part, but extremely windy.  Gusts up around 30-35 miles per hour.

Of course wind like that makes my hearing aids completely useless.  All I hear is the wind.  So I haven't worn them for a couple of days.

The gusts kept setting off the fence zones, so the Control Center was calling out zones for the P-car to check every thirty seconds or so.  At least it kept them busy.  But it did clog up the radio traffic.

At one point while I was crossing the yard in the cart it blew my cigarette right out of my mouth.  Just "poof!" gone.  I just said "Really?  Dang."  And went on.

One of the things we tend to notice out on the yard is sudden movement.  Anybody or anything moving at faster than a walking pace tends to get our attention immediately.  With all of the leaves and trash and stuff blowing around it was giving me a sore neck every time something caught my eye.

"Wha....... leaves."

"Whoop.... trash bag."

"Hey.... somebody's hat."

"What the.... Ow!"  Got hit in the eye with a leaf.  Man, those things got pointy edges!  Snap!

I had Little J out on the yard and at one point I pictured him flying like Piglet at the end of a string.  That gave me the giggles.  And I never did tell him what I was laughing about.

Hey, at least nobody's house blew down.

That's a plus.

6 comments:

  1. You have the funniest experiences...It's good to read that you see the humour in situations that could otherwise be worrisome.

    I have my own kite...but somehow I just don't think it holds a candle to yours. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny- I try to look on the bright side of working in this awful place. Amazingly enough it has one now and then!

      Delete
  2. And it's not even Winds Day. *hee hee*

    Seriously, where's my honey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seem to remember moms stories of trying to teach you to pronounce your Ells. According to her they were "Weaves" until you were almost 6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Critter- And I couldn't pronounce my x's until I was fifteen! (grin)

      Delete