Monday, October 22, 2012

On A Somewhat Lighter Note

I've talked about that knothead Meatball before in this blog.  And it always tickles him when I mention his name.  He comes in the next day with his chest all puffed out like a little blue penguin. (grin)

I can always count on him to get the job done.  He's always there when I need something and always the first one to volunteer.  The house wouldn't be the same nor run as well without our Meatball hard at work.

He's also a great slab of Grade-A Doofus.  He's constantly singing to me, which annoys me greatly.  Especially when he raps.  I despise rap.  He knows that and does it just to get a rise out of me.

One night last week or so he got down on one knee and proposed to me.  I came real close to punching him in the head.  I walked back to my office thinking "What am I going to do with this idiot?"

The only answer I could come up with was "Keep him."

6 comments:

  1. On the tail of the previous (heavy) post this one spread a smile from ear to ear.

    Sounds like this Meatball is just what you need - a light dose of silliness, laced with a genuine desire to lighten your work load by being there when the job requires it.

    Great recovery post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny Lou- Thanks. I thought I needed something a bit silly to recover from that last one. I always say "Joke 'em if they can't take a...." (grin)

      Delete
  2. Sorry if I caused you any grief with my comments yesterday. That wasn't my intention.

    If it makes you feel better, I might never eat meatballs again after looking at that picture. Does that makes us even? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bryan- No worries, pal. I kinda left myself open there. It hit me sorta hard for some reason.

      Truth be told, I may never eat them again either.

      Delete
  3. Okay. Now we haven't heard from you in four days. I'm starting to worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bryan (again)- Sorry, man. There wasn't much to talk about at work and I was busy with things at home. Feverishly working on the chainmail project before my hands self-destruct.

      Delete