Sunday, April 1, 2012

Internet Security

These days there are so many people on the internet. You have to be really careful about how much personal information you put out there for other people to see.

We've been inundated with tales of hackers and phishers and rogue Nigerians looking to scam you out of your hard earned shekels. I rarely if ever put my real name on anything on the internet anymore. I have a handful of different email handles and addys to use if I prefer to be more circumspect about my identity.

Not like I have anything worth stealing, mind you. Anyone who robbed me would spend more on soap getting their hands clean again afterwards.

But with all the news about cyber stalkers and the like, nobody ever told me to watch out for the Canadians! Who'da thunk it?

The other day these arrived in my mailbox:
They were from frequent flyer Jenny Pearson who writes the Pearson Report and who is currently co-hosting the A to Z Blog Challenge. I was supposed to take part in that challenge myself, but bailed on it mostly because I'm a lazy weasel.

Besides, when I tried to come up with topics for all of the letters, most of them were dirty and involved words I don't use here.

That's my lame excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I'd kind of worried about my sister giving all of those random people my name and address but the postcards were so much fun I decided to relax and roll with it. And I still have five more of those to scan in and post. And another one in a language I don't even recognize.

So go check out Jenny's blog and read the challenge posts! I'm sure it will be good reading.

And I'll go back to what I do best. Once I figure out exactly what that might be.

Monday is going to be My Dad's Birthday (happy birthday Dad!), National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, International Children's Book Day, Tater Day and World Autism Day.

Mmmm... Peanut butter and jelly...

5 comments:

  1. I'm so confused. I think I fell behind in this ongoing postcard saga at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bryan- She asked for my address and I, being the unassuming guy that I am, gave it to her. She added to the postcard collection.

      Delete
  2. WOW - look at that *blush* I'm being featured here, at my favourite stomping ground!

    FYI - that map card cracked me up...you see, many of my American friends have enlightened me, over many a decade (and there are many) about learning geography in school. It appears Canada was always one big white area...hence the impression we were a frozen tundra...well, looky here...who's in the grey now...

    I was doing one of my regular walkabouts, recently, and while in the "tourist trap" zone (downtown) I found these and could not resist - a man in uniform...yup - good look, eh!!

    And...happy BD to your Dad! Have a great weekend, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny- I enjoyed getting them, for sure. And just so you know, on my map in my office Canada is all grey!

      Delete
    2. That explains why I've been feeling a little grey around the gills lately!

      Delete