Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blogging To The Oldies Pt 8


Friday, January 16, 2009

Snapped

Ok, I admit it. I snapped. Just a little. But I did lose my cool there and had to walk out of the office. And of course, I had to let everyone know that I was pissed off. Sometimes you gotta. I started to open my mouth and I knew if I did, it wouldn't be good. So I slammed the drawer shut where I was working and walked (stormed, slammed, raged) wordlessly out of the office. I went and stood in front of the sallyport door and let the cold breeze coming through the cracks blow on my face. The Bubble Guy came over and looked and decided I'd say something if I wanted out and left me there. That was good. It was freaking cold outside.

A moment or two later everyone in the office dispersed and I could go in and finish what I was doing. And the stupidity subsided.

I know... I know. I'm always singing the same tunes.......

1) The job is difficult enough, why make it any harder? and
2)If we don't work together, the inmates win.

They didn't win today, but it was a close game. A photo finish, I believe.

It didn't start out too bad, at first. Just a normal friday. We were packed full, but we were going to kick out a few so we'd have some beds for the three day weekend. Then there was a 10-5 (officer needs assistance RIGHT NOW) call all the way across the camp. I was in the process of putting cuffs on an inmate to open the door and give him his meds when it was called. I almost tore his hands off getting them back. I had to go back and apologize later. Then we had to do three room moves to make room in C-wing for whoever was getting locked up from that one. They always go in C-wing after something like that so we can monitor their behavior. So we got that done and waited for the miscreant to be brought to the house. Some little old crazy dude who looks like he could have played an extra in "Deliverance". It didn't suprise me too much. I've been watching him and he just keeps getting more and more squirrely.

Anyway, that happened. Then Poop Boy was up to his old tricks again. Acting a fool and being a Richard. (I don't know him well enough to just call him "Dick") And more lockups and someone over in A-wing turned up with some awful contagious skin critters and his cellie probably had them too and they both had to go to medical and take a shower with some patented Critter-Kill'r soap and everything in their cell had to be bagged up and hauled off and if that wasn't bad enough, everyone had to keep arguing arguing arguing arguing arguing about every little thing and cutting each other off and not really listening to what was being said and just freaking arguing for the freaks sake of it and I finally had enough and had to walk out and cool off for awhile.

But I'm feeling much better now. Even if third shift was late getting in and I had to do med pass all the way til 3:30.

I feel better.

One more day on day shift. I can do this.

**********************************************************************************

Hoo. That was not a good day.

When I have to drive all the way home to scream on the internet.... Yikes.

There just wasn't a whole lot of good times during my little jaunt to day shift.

But I'm doing much better now.

Thursday is going to be Presidential Joke Day (let's just leave it alone, please), and Ingersoll Day.

3 comments:

  1. We still have days like that, but instead off arguing, it's hard to get people off their duffs. My only complaint with days is that I'm not in the Hive every day like I was before. That and there are a few officers who are, but shouldn't be. I suppose I'm just a glutton for punishment, but when the snap hits the fan there's no place I'd rather be. It makes you feel alive! I'll get over that in time, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arguing just to argue is silly in the workplace. That kind of thing is what siblings are for. When there are no lives at risk doing it.

    I'm leaving the joke thing alone...

    But really. Several Bush jokes flashed through my mind first.

    But I'm not saying anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drew- I know. There's just no place like it. You're still young and you can handle it. And there should be an easier criteria for getting people out of that place. Officers, I mean.

    Chanel- We are an emotionally twisted lot. And there are some people that should just never be allowed to work together. There is a long list of them that should never be allowed to work around me for several reasons.

    And thank you for not turning this into a free for all!

    ReplyDelete