Friday, April 8, 2011

Pfui

I used to say "Phooey" until I started reading Rex Stout's 'Nero Wolfe' books. Now I say "Pfui". It's still pronounced the same to the uneducated ear.

I use this as my worst simple word of disdain. It's all of the 'ratzen-fratzen' and 'snap' and all of that combined. I used it alot tonight.

This night sucked. Nothing bad happened. As a matter of fact, nothing happened at all, as far as I know. The night...

Just went on....

Forever.

My third night in the comm room this week and I'm sick and tired of it. Good thing it's Friday.

And that's all I have to say about that. Sorry, but my head hurts. I'm going to bed.

I will however, check the magic calendar before I go.

Saturday is Winston Churchill Day and Name Yourself Day. I guess if you named yourself Winston Churchill, you could get twice the celebration! It is also National Cherish An Antique Day. Hey, I'm an antique!

Sunday is Golfers Day and Baby Massage Day (!?!) and Safety Pin Day (after the massage, i guess).

Monday is Eight-Track Tape Day and Barbershop Quartet Day and International "Louie Louie" Day.

Wheee....

4 comments:

  1. I used to absolutely LOVE the Nero Wolfe books! I probably read every one in the library, back in the 60's. Then I got married and started gardening and started reading the books by Ruth Stout, Rex's sister.
    I really can't recall many details about those Rex Stout books now, except that Nero was fat and loved food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfui is an under appreciated. More people should use it.

    I've never read the Nero Wolfe books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say a word very similar to "Pfui" when I get mad. It ends with more of a hard "K" sound though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna- I have maybe half of his books. I'd like to have them all. I will have to check out some of Ruth's stuff.

    Chanel- It's almost as good as snap.

    Bryan- You are just using the anglicized pronunciation, that's all.

    ReplyDelete