Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm Not A Mushroom!

Even though I'm kept in the dark and fed bull-hockey most of the time.

And today I really was in the dark. I was up in the comm room. When I came in I heard that there was going to be an power outage from 3:00 to 4:00.

I thought to myself "Great. Right in the middle of shift change. Don't that just butter your biscuit?"

So I went up there and waited for the power to go out.

And waited.

And waited.....

Got all of the way through shift change and it was almost count time and I thought "Well, maybe they decided not to do it after all."

Five minutes before count..... the power went off.

Not everywhere. Just the control center complex (which includes the comm room), main production, 25 house, the admin building and laundry.

And not all of the power went out either. My lights were out but the hallway light was on. My battery chargers still worked as well as the fridge, the fan (which somebody stole back, thank the gawds) and the teevee.

So I could still watch the freaking weather channel. Yay!

I had already gotten my key inventory done but had to do the radio inventory by flashlight. That sucked something big and nasty. My head still hurts from that one.

They had bought us a couple of battery operated Coleman lanterns the last big power outage but they had left the batteries in them since then. One lantern was so corroded I had to pry the bottom open. It was completely toast. I managed to get the other one cleaned up and working so I had a little light to work by, at least.

The lights stayed out until about 5:45. They came back on while I was doing my evening check of the admin building by flashlight. When everything came back on it startled me and I almost fell down the dang stairs. Did an interesting little dance step there while trying to shield my eyes and keep my balance at the same time.

And of course, it's still hotter than crap up there in the comm room. I'm ready to bring a sledge hammer and bust us out a window.

I got a look at the chrono for tomorrow and they have me scheduled to be in 7 house with Frankensenseless and Miz Homey. I'm not sure if the Lt hates me or if he wants someone halfway responsible in between those two. Either way I'm sure he hates me.

So today was Games Day. Which explains alot. And tomorrow is many things. Lets see...

Look At The Bright Side Day, National Flashlight Day, National French Fried Shrimp Day, and Hamburger Day.

Gonna be a busy busy day I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment