Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Taking A Sick Day

I finally went to see my doctor again. And he was, as usual, most accommodating.

Of course, he had to give me a ration of grief over over-stressing my arm again. I had to make many promises to take it easier this time.

So no more hat racks for awhile, I guess. My projects will just have to lie fallow in the shop for the time being.

He gave me another steroid shot in the elbow which hurt like crazy. But that only last for a moment. Now it's just a dull ache.

He also gave me Demerol to get me through the pain of the steroid freeze. I can tell that if I hadn't taken a pain killer, that my elbow would be extremely painful right about now.

That's the good thing about pain killers, I guess. It still hurts, but I don't care. I am severely buzzed.

You can probably tell. If you could see me typing this you would probably laugh as I sit here trying to force words to come out of my fingers. It aint easy, let me tell you.

But tomorrow, if history serves, my elbow will be right as rain, at least for the next few weeks. All I have to do is get through tonight. At this point that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Tomorrow should be interesting. It's Use Even If Seal Is Broken Day.

What the hey. Live a little!

As for me, I'm going to take a nap.

2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping the night passes quickly and the elbow feels much better tomorrow, and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. Mine is under the elbow. It felt fine while I was in PT, but it hurts like hell today.

    ReplyDelete