Friday, November 26, 2010

A Night At The Opera

For my friday they gave me a 2-10 spot down in the wobblehead house. That aint bad.

I was really hoping I was going to get to work with Sgt Miz P, since it's her house. But alas, Sgt Archer is still out in the woods playing "Deer Whisperer" so they pulled Miz P to the yard.

Snap!

It wasn't too bad, tho. I had Bubbles and the Grif and PB from the yard came in and hung out most of the night.

Miz Bubbles is a riot to work with and she laughs like a chicken on crack. And she does this often. She is with laughing like the Mad Bomber is with ranting. Just poke her with a stick and she can go for hours.

There had been this mention of singing opera earlier in the night and I didn't know exactly what they were talking about.

Until count time, that is. Just as we were coming through the crossover door from C-wing into D-wing she turns and lets out this note over my shoulder reminiscent of some of the note Jo Anne Worley used to do on Laugh In. If you are old enough to remember that show, you'll know what I mean.

For a second or two I probably looked a bit like the guy in those old Memorex ads.

I'm pretty sure she almost blew my hat off. And maybe the rest of my hair with it.

I said "Good Gawd woman! Sounds like someone stepped on a snake!"

She just laughed (go figure) and went back to counting.

I think my ears are still ringing.

So tomorrow is Pins And Needles Day. Ooooo... I'm all tingly....

No comments:

Post a Comment