Saturday, September 25, 2010

LOL

For once somebody did something funny on the radio and it was neither me nor St Francis.

I'm not going to say his name to protect the innocent. Even all of the nicknames I could come up with would give it away, so I'll just say "Officer X" and leave it at that.

X is a pretty good guy. A little new, but that wears off quickly in our little department. There's no in between, it seems. You are either new or you've been here forever.

I just contradicted myself. Imagine that.

At any rate (he continued, totally ignoring his contradiction) X was somewhere. I don't rightly recall which house he was in. I was up in the 1 house bubble with Miz Maybe and Yamaha when we hear X on the radio telling someone to go to channel two.

Yamaha catches it first and switches his radio over, just like almost everybody else on the camp.

X comes over the radio on channel two and says "Yeah, can you send somebody down here? I'm down in the bathroom and I can't get out."

Whoever it was he was calling says "Whaaaaaat?" and you can hear laughing in the background.

He comes back and says "I'm stuck in the bathroom and the door won't unlock!"

We of course lost it right then and there. It's a good thing nothing else happened for the next ten minutes or so because we would have been completely useless we were laughing so hard.

Poor X.

The next time I see him I'm going to have to shake his hand.

He made what was shaping up to be a pretty boring night worth while.

1 comment:

  1. That's actually funny and ironic, considering where you work. The wrong segment locked in a room. ;)

    ReplyDelete