Wednesday, July 28, 2010

On The Outside Looking In

Oh my lawd, my internet connection is slow tonight. I almost decided not to post because I couldn't get here. Hopefully I can get it to save.

I've noticed one real down side to my Wednesday spot in the comm room/P-car.... I'm on the outside. And if anything happens on the inside, I can't do anything about it.

Except maybe scream through the fence.

You guys know me. If something is going down I'm going to be there. I might not be in real good shape by the time I get there, but I'll go. You can count on me when the snit hits the fan.

But if I'm stuck outside in that damn car there's nothing I can do and it's a bit frustrating.

Conversely, if anything happened on the outside that I had to deal with, not many people could show up for that, either. Hopefully the other p-car and the other shotgun would have my back, but that's about it.

I was out doing my two hours driving when I heard something going down in the laundry. Not sure what it was, but it sounded like something. Then I heard this rather excited voice shout "78 to 69! 10-10!" The laundry officer hollering for the B-yard Sergeant. Granted, it is a little noisy down there and sometimes you have to shout. But he sounded excited. He almost had that 10-5 tone in his voice.

And there I was, stuck outside the fence driving around in the car. And my patrol area is on the other side of the camp from laundry. All I could do was gnash my teeth and beat on the steering wheel. And I really shouldn't do that. The state these cars are in it might come off in my hands.

Purely for my own morale I leaned out the window and shouted "Haul 'im out to the fence, Billy! I'll calm his a** down!"

That made me feel a little better.

Turned out it wasn't really anything. Just some knucklehead who didn't want to work. Got mouthy with one of the supervisors and then with the officer. He ended up going to the Hive without too much trouble.

But I do get wound up sometimes.

I'm too excitable, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment