Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wet And Nasty

Gee that was such a fun day. I can't wait to do it again.

I spent 90% of my day soaking wet with sweat. And the last 10% soaking wet with rain.

Of the two, the rain was much nicer.

Once again, I suspect the rain gawds hate me. The rec yard is like Death Valley in the afternoons.
The sun shines off of the concrete and there is no shade to be had at all until late in the evening right before the sun goes down.

Several times today great big storms rolled up on the horizon and right before they would provide us any shade...... they would split right down the middle and pass off to either side. Once again leaving the rec yard in the blazing sun.

The evil swine.

This evening we got to watch two storms pass us by. One to the east and one to the west. Pretty spectacular. Lots of lightning. The wind was sucking up all of the dirt off of the yard on B side and blowing it over to our side.

That was a bit alarming.

And of course, it finally did rain on us. Just enough to get us all wet again fifteen minutes before it was time to go home.

Don't that just figure?

At least it cooled it off a little so the drive home was fairly nice. By the time I got home I was almost dry again. Then of course I had to take another shower.

I'm going to spend the summer all wrinkly, I can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment