Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Water Water Everywhere.....

And not a drop to drink.

That was how our evening ended up, anyway.

I'm not sure which genius decided that a hot muggy day was the best time to cut off all of the water to the camp to repair the water lines. It certainly wasn't very well thought out. Or if it was, I don't see the reasoning.

But about 8:30 this evening they cut off all of the water and started opening up fire hydrants to blow the pressure in the lines down. So there was no water in the sinks or toilets for over 2,000 inmates and 100 staff members and there were huge muddy puddles downstream of all the hydrants.

And the memo stated that it could be off until 8:00 tomorrow morning.

Of course, nobody made any sort of provisions for drinking water or sanitary facilities.

About the time Chucky and I were leaving the knuckleheads in the Hive were all waking up to the fact that they didn't have any water and they were starting to get pissed off about it. And the guys who were expecting to get showers on midnight shift were really starting to whine.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the whole place is going to smell pretty bad come 8:00 in the morning.

Sgt Big J said "Well, midnights won't have anything to do since there won't be any showers!" I replied "I suspect that they are going to spend all night writing conduct violations."

From the way it was beginning to sound when I left, that wouldn't surprise me one little bit.

Hoo boy. I'm sure glad I get to leave early.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pic of Multanoma (sp) Falls in Oregon. I've been there a couple of times. Rev, if you ever get out that way, into the Columbia Gorge, its worth the stop.

    ReplyDelete