Monday, June 14, 2010

An Unexpected Holiday

Recently I had lost a filling out of one of my upper teeth and it has been bothering me ever since. It's kept me up a few nights, as I tend to grind my teeth in my sleep. Not a sound thing to do with a sensitive tooth.

At any rate, I stopped by my dentists office this morning on my way back from physical therapy to see when i could get an appointment.

To my immense surprise, the receptionist told me to wait a moment and they would see if they could get me in. I was even further surprised a few minutes later when the dentist told me that that tooth and the one next to it needed to go.

So not thirty minutes after I entered, I exited, minus two teeth and toting a prescription for some pain killers.

Needless to say, I didn't go in to work today. Instead, i have sat here and there in a drug induced haze nursing a dull aching pain in my jaw. Not that I blame the dentist, mind you. He's an excellent dentist and if you ask me I will give you his name and a good recommendation. You just can't pull two teeth and not expect some discomfort afterwards.

But enough of that.

Instead of my daily grouse about working in a prison I give you a link I found this morning and find quite fascinating. I give you:

The Cardboard Tube Fighting League on Wikipedia
and their main website here:

http://www.tubeduel.com/


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment