Thursday, May 6, 2010

From Full To Empty In No Time

Man, we just cannot keep a full crew down there! Something about the Hive is just hard on people, I think.

The relief spot in the bubble had been vacant for over a year being filled with utilities and we finally got Windows in there a couple of weeks ago.

We had a full crew! Yay!

Then the odd little dude that was my replacement on my days off transferred to another camp. One spot open. Filled with utilities.

Then KP gets pulled out of the house for this b.s. investigation. Another spot open. Filled with utilities.

BG started his vacation today. Gone for a week. Filled with utilities. The evil bastard.

We had one utility working the floor with Drew and another doing rec with me today.

I'm off the next two days and guess who is going to be in my spot? Utilities!

I guess Drew is going to get to do his solo act sooner than I thought.

Kid, I hope you been paying attention. Listen to the Sarge and keep your numbers straight. It's time to fly!

I won't use the "Q" word, but I hope you don't get hammered down there. That can be a real sumbitch.

Take a deep breath. You can do it.

2 comments:

  1. Here we go. The hardest part will be my showing everyone what they need to do and then trusting them to get it done right. I think I'm ready for this. I'm sure it might get bumpy, but if we all come out alive we'll have done something right. We'll see how it goes. I'll have LB and Maybe there for a good safety net. I knew it would happen eventually. Bring it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived. It was pretty Q.

    ReplyDelete