Monday, May 10, 2010

Back To (Almost) Normal

Day 265 of BG's vacation. It hasn't really been that long, but it sure feels like it. Things do get screwed up when he isn't here.

And rec tends to get shuffled to the back burner when he's not here cracking the whip. I do my best, but I'm not BG.

But today wasn't bad. They sent me Miss Screech to help with rec. Even though she is just a slip of a girl, she is a ball of fire and I'm glad to have her at my back any day. She just goes goes goes all the time. I had to run faster than her just to be able to get anything done myself.

And that takes some doing, believe me. We managed to get three rounds or rec down while it was cold and windy. That's a good thing. I was falling way behind.

We heard great news today on our damaged control panel for the bubble. The maintenance dude called down and told the Swabby that the panel was being shipped back to Indiana for repairs. I'm guessing it's going to take three to six weeks to get it back.

Three to six weeks running on one control panel. That is going to really really suck.

And here we are right smack in the middle of spring storm season which means the chances of our other panel getting knocked out is pretty good.

Tonight we have some significant storms rolling in. I just hear some good rumbles of thunder and a brief spattering of hail a few minutes ago. Hail in a thunderstorm this time of year is almost always bad news for someone.

Me, I'm going to bed and hope I still have a roof in the morning.

And when the hell is KP coming back? Pfui!

No comments:

Post a Comment