Sunday, November 8, 2009

Monday Blahs

It seems like just yesterday it was my monday and here the sumbitch is again!

It's always the hardest day of the week. Sometimes I feel like I need to be retrained just to come back to work after my weekend. I spend the whole day chasing after myself trying to get re-acclimated to the house. There's new offenders and there is always some little rule that they have changed while I was gone.

But many things are just the way I left them. The Singer is still in C-1, singing his heart out and laughing like the Riddler from Batman. The Flamer is still in B-13 all by his lonesome and the pile of kites we have intercepted from other offenders trying to move in with him grows by the day.

Sgt Miz p is back from vacation and Chuck is back from his two week hiatus after both a death in the family and his annual recert training.

I got my crew back. This is a good thing.

Even if it is a monday.

I survived it. Nobody got hurt and nobody escaped.

Now that it's over, I can say it was a good day.

3 comments:

  1. I think every Monday, you should start off the day by singing and dancing to Hips Don't Lie from Shakira. THAT will get you ready for the week!

    No?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend news and bad. After my retirement from the government, I worked at a county jail, which is your back door neighbor, anyway there was this kid who was a real winner if you know what I mean.He had several kids whom he beat and beat all of his girl friends, a meth head and I believe he was finally sent to Licking for Burglary. Anyway he was no so tough, he found swingin this week, some of my old comrades at the jail passed this along, just thought I would let you know there is one less that you will be getting your way, he would have been hive material. I know this is not my peaceful style but I really do not believe any therapy of counseling would have ever helped him, he was evil to the core. I am sure you are one of the few that would appreciate this information.

    tootles

    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy- If I could, I would. But my hips don't work like that any more. Come to think of it, they never did.

    Doc- While i wouldn't really wish that on anybody, I'm glad i don't have to deal with him. One more useless jerk down the tubes. Several billion more to go!

    ReplyDelete