Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Feeling A Little Burned Out

I guess it's getting to be that time of year again. I'm starting to get burned out working down in that snap hole and I think about going somewhere else for awhile.

I always think about it, but I never do go anywhere.

All we get down there is crap and abuse. From both sides. They hate us down in the Hive. Everybody does. The inmates hate us because we don't let them have their way and won't give into their little temper tantrums. The higher up staff hate us because every time something "happens" down there (and something is always "happening" in the Hive) it make them do paperwork.

The place is always either too hot or too cold. It's noisy, nasty, hectic and usually bio hazardous. It's your best chance for getting assaulted if you're looking for one. Working the Hive is hard on your feet, your knees, your back, your ears, your brain and your hands.

This last couple of weeks I have been feeling pretty burned out with the whole deal. I actually looked at the new job bids posted to see if there was anything I wanted. There was actually one down in the wobblehead house with the same days off I have now.

I thought about it, but didn't bid it. I'm not exactly sure why.

And tonight when I was feeling especially off and ready to move on, that bastard KP had to come back from vacation and make me laugh so hard my ribs hurt. He has that way about him.

I feel better now. I guess I may be good for another year.

I'm still not sure if I should thank him for that or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment