Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Irritating Little Pests

No, not the inmates. Well, they are irritating little pests and all. But I'm talking about the sweet little critter pictured above.

Yes, it's a scabies mite. And they are loose in our house again.

Isn't that just lovely? I know I'm tickled pink over the idea.

And of course we didn't find out about it until the two offenders who had it got released back out on the hill today. So we had to get the biohazard guy down with his spray to hose down the cell and the pile of mattresses, since we could not identify which belonged to the two who got out.

And just when we thought we had it under control, we might have another case. While Chuck and I were doing rec, we spotted an inmate with welts all over his torso. He either had something or his cellie had been giving him lots of small hickeys.

I don't know and I don't want to know.

I told the nurse about it when she came in, but of course it was that nurse and she didn't want to hear it and wasn't about to even look, let alone do anything about it. I figure they can take him up in the morning and hose him down.

Of course, as soon as we heard the word "scabies", several people (but one in particular) got a gawdawful case of the heebie jeebies and started dousing themselves with hand sanitizer and scratching like mad.

The power of suggestion. It's amazing the reaction you get from saying one little word. Too bad I can't say the word "horny" and get as good a reaction.....

All I get is giggling....

Snap!

Ok, for some reason, my scheduled posts aren't posting. I'll just skip trying this anymore and post at night from now on. So if you see a post pop up after 10 pm, don't read it til the next morning, K?

5 comments:

  1. lol....I'm going to say "horny" a view times at the dealership tonight. I'll let you know if there is a "positive" reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooppsss...blond moment... I meant few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tango- Your blond moments are always welcome here. (grin) I'm not going to try it at work, tho, even if it does work. Blagh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well....I tried, but the people were more interested in Michael Jackson than hornyness tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tango- Too bad. You know the only reason he did that was because he didn't want to be upstaged by Farrah Fawcett. Showoff!

    ReplyDelete