Thursday, April 30, 2009

Soggy Rugs And Weird Feelings

I don't know how other people's minds work. I wish I did. I'd like one day to hear into other folks heads, just to see how mine compares.

Of course, I would not care to take that on a day when I had to go to work.

Not diving into that snakepit. No. No. No.

But I do know that my mind is highly suggestible. Good movies (or I should say strong movies) leave an impression on my mood that lasts for awhile. I remember the first time I saw "Apocalypse Now" in the theater. It was a late night show and I had to walk back through downtown in the dark. If anyone had come suddenly out of an alley that night I would have torn them to shreds with my fingernails and feasted on their bones.

In my own mind, anyway, I was a dangerous critter that night.

Yesterday before work I watched "Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas".

That probably wasn't a good idea.

Was in a twisted mood all the way there. I was mildy startled when I made it to work in one piece.

I quit "drinking" over twenty years ago but I sure could have used one right then. Just to settle my nerves.

That wouldn't have been good.

Not long after I got to the Hive I went up into A-wing for something and the upper walk was littered with pills. I thought to myself "Holy mother of gawd! It's started! Those vultures will tear us apart now for sure!"

Turns out the pills were just antacids and aspirin that someone had thrown out under their door.

I hate my brain, sometimes. And I'd like to go dig up Hunter Thompson and kick his a**.

But I'm feeling much better now.

Spent a good part of the morning steam cleaning the carpeting in my corner of the office. Had a pretty heavy rain the other day and the water flooded up over the edge of the concrete and ran under the wall into my area.

Aint that just nice.

It never happened when the wife had her desk here. It waited until I moved over into this corner.

And now my area smells mildewy. And all the crap I had on the floor around my desk got wet and had to be thrown out.

So I spent an hour or so with the steam cleaner, trying to suck up most of the water and at least kill the smell a bit. It seems to have done the trick, for the most part. But we are expecting more heavy rain for the next few days. I'm sure I'll be doing this again and again.

Flash flood watch in effect for the area.

Snap!

The one thing that just flashed into my mind that I should definitely not do is watch "Shawshank Redemption" before work.

Think I'll just play a game of Risk instead.

Probably safer for everybody.

1 comment: