Sunday, February 8, 2009

Taking A Sick Day

I'm taking a sick day off from here and there in advance.

Been having some trouble with my blood sugar and the arthritis in my foot is bothering me again. Going to the doctor to see if I can tackle both problems at the same time. Hopefully he'll give me a shot in my foot before he sends me to the hospital for blood tests. I'm certain they'll siphon out at least half of my blood for testing so even if I'm laying half-deflated in the parking lot my foot will feel better. Nothing like being purposefully bled to death for the cause of better health.

Not alot happening in the unit, anyway. We got one of our old friends back again. He got into a fight down in the wobblehead house and apparently there was blood and pepper spray everywhere. The last time he graced us with his presence we had him for well over three months and wrote him so many violations it would have qualified him to go to San Quentin. Or even Alcatraz. Even if it's closed. Just throw him in a cell and get back on the boat. He won't be able to hurt anybody there.

But since he's one of their "certified" wobbleheads it doesn't matter how many violations we write him. They'll keep throwing them out so he can stay in their program down there in Wobblyland.

Whatever.

Yeah, that seems to be working.

Anyway, I'm taking a day off.

Be careful out there.

4 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well, Revvy dear. Take care.



    (baradi) <-- a smaller version of the fish known as barracuda, which can be found just off the Amalfi coast of Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are diagnosed with diabetes do not let your GP treat you. You have to see an endocrinologist. Most GPs have only the basic knowledge of the disease. Having your GP treat you is like taking your car to be fixed by the guy that services your lawn mower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's only sposed to get up to the mid 30's tomorrow here.

    since i started my new job in dec. of 07, i have not missed a single day of work.

    i know, i suck.

    ReplyDelete