Monday, October 6, 2008

Sick Day

Went home early today. Wasn't feeling good and it turned out I was running a fever. Went to the office next door and used the nurses thermometer. Sure enough it was 100.4 . Not much, but enough to make me feel bad. Our house nurse is a good cat. Ex-military combat veteran. Tough as nails and, just like John Wayne toilet paper, doesn't take shit off of anybody. At any rate, when I got back into the office everyone moved away from me and demanded I be sent home. It seems deer season is opening soon and no one wanted to be sick. Sarge called the zone lieutenant and told him my plight and he intimated I shouldn't let the door hit me in the ass on the way out. Didn't have to tell me twice. I hardly ever use any sick time so I have lots built up. Been sweating and freezing all day. I probably won't be in tomorrow, either. The busiest day of the week and they'll just have to get along without me. If I didn't feel so bad, I'd feel guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment