Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Is there anybody out there?


I'm beginning to wonder how many corrections officers there are out there blogging. If there are very many, they are difficult to find. Maybe it's because we spend so much time documenting things at work that we find it difficult if not redundant to reiterate them elsewhere. Me, I suffer from verbal diarrhea. The stuff just flows out sometimes without a whole lot of concious thought. I've spent some time looking for others, hoping to maybe gain a few insights into other places but all I am able to find is blogs by prisoners (I ask again, how are they blogging?) and their families crying about how awful prison is and how unfair it is that they must be there. Of course, they're all innocent. And the whole thing is an awful miscarriage of justice. Boo hoo. I'll bet if there was candid videos of how these guys act inside the prison as opposed to how they act in the visiting room or on the phone with their families most of those people would stop acting so aggrieved and wake up a little bit. When the offenders are away from their families and in amongst the "homies" they tend to act like complete fools.

But I was talking about us, not them. I can't find any other blogs by corrections officers. None. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places or using the wrong terms in my search. But I just can't find anything. It would be nice if there were more of us out there sharing our opinions. Maybe it would help other people wake up a little bit. If nothing else, it would be nice to hear other peoples views and maybe even share a bit of wisdom now and then....
P.S. That's not a picture of my computer, but I wish it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment