Monday, September 15, 2008

Under the weather

We got hit by the remnants of hurricane Ike yesterday morning. Got completely soaked on the way in to work. After eight hours my boots were still wet and my toes were all wrinkly when I got home. Now I got the chills. Went to bed around six last night and fell asleep watching the Simpsons. I'm still going to work this morning, but I'm not going to like it. But mondays and tuesdays are our busiest days and I don't like to leave them shorthanded. I explain it to my kids all the time. What if I'm not there because I'm just mildly ill and they send a less experienced officer in my place and someone ends up getting hurt? I know it's a stupid and rather egocentric argument, but I would still feel guilty. So no long rant today. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment